Sunday, September 2, 2012

...And then she was home...

My kids have a lovely tactile book called "Ten Little Ladybugs" by Melanie Gerth. One by one, the ladybugs come across various animals and then disappear. The line for the last one goes "One little lady bug sitting all alone - along came a breeze, and then she was home." It's always been one of my favourite lines, so I thought I would name my blog after it.

So, why a blog? Good question. Now that I'm a full time mum, I've been delving more into my domestic goddess side and thought this would be a good way to share some recipes, patterns, ideas and general ramblings with the people, as well as a way I can keep track of things for myself. Hopefully I will be able to post something up each week, but realistically I suspect that it will be closer to once a month. It's hard work finding time to blog when you have an almost 7 year old (who I will refer to as L) and an almost 14 month old (M) to wrangle. Hubby (J) tries, but sometimes the boys just want Mumma time.

I'm not expecting too many followers, apparently I'm an "acquired" taste, but I figure that while I'm living in Blogsville, I AM QUEEN OF MY DOMAIN and therefore get to say pretty much whatever I like. If you don't agree, that's nice, you're entitled to your opinion too, but rather than flame me for mine, maybe you should find another blog to read.

If you like what you read, feel free to share it around. I don't claim to have invented the recipes or patterns or ideas that I present for you here, and will endeavour to link you to my sources or inspiration as often as I can. If I don't give you credit for something that you feel is your idea, feel free to say so, but keep in mind that it is entirely possible that I got the idea from someone else or made it up myself. (Yes, I am capable of free thought!) If you like something that you see here, I don't mind if you link to me or to the original source if I'm showing someone else's idea. I'm not doing this for kudos, and in this world of social media I'm apparently one of those rare people that doesn't care too much if people "like" or "follow" me or not.

So now that we've got all that sorted out, I hope you enjoy my ramblings.

No comments:

Post a Comment